You may not even be aware of your teeth grinding at night, our dentists can however identify signs of teeth grinding such as the wearing of teeth during your dental check-up.
If you suspect that you are suffering from nocturnal teeth grinding be sure to let our dentists know. Teeth grinding or bruxism is also related to the the sleep disorder known as obstructive sleep apnoea, so it may be necessary to check for this too.
- Abnormal wear of teeth
- Clicking during movement of the jaw
- Discomfort or pain in the jaw
- Headaches and migraines
- Protect teeth using custom night guards or mouthguards
- Using an occlusal splint
- Identifying sleep apnoea and treating it
- Destructive wearing of teeth (leading to cracked or chipped teeth)
- TMJ Disorder and Pain
- Increased sensitivity of teeth
- Recurring headaches and migraines