Since 1997, Invisalign has been offering clear straightening solutions for more than 5 million people worldwide. The technology uses a series of clear plastic aligners that patients swap out every two weeks to slowly straighten their teeth.
At Focus On Dental we utilise Invisalign for teenagers through to adults that would rather forego traditional braces, in favour of something more slim lined, and near invisible and not something like traditional braces that would attract attention.
Your smile is one of your most coveted assets, so keeping it pristine and straight would be a straight forward route to take to ensure your smiles longevity. Invisalign does so using 3D computer simulations to determine the precise teeth movement’s that may occur over the treatment period.
- They are Invisible at a sociable distance
- They sit comfortably and don’t protrude unlike standard metal braces
- Near painless without the need for wire re-tightening or heavy adjustment
- Aligners are removable to allow better oral hygiene, ensuring lower chance of dental decay and gum disease
- No extractions required for re-alignment of teeth
- Expanding of the dental arches due to the invisalign braces allows for better breathing
- Not everyone is suited to Invisalign clear aligners and that may be due to, severe crowding of teeth, or skeletal based problems
- Teeth polishing may be required to make them more slender to assist in easing with overcrowding of the teeth
- Invisalign can cost more than standard braces